Monday, February 21, 2011

February

Lately we have been talking about communication and proper ways to use technology on the job. I believe that these are both important topics. Using technology has become incorporated throughout our daily lives. It is hard to imagine a day with out any technology, no alarm going off on my phone or no traffic lights. Without technology our days seem to turn to chaos. I think it is very important for college students and working professionals to know the proper etiquette to while using technology. 
What ways do you think employers can help their employees to learn correct ways to use technology?

3 comments:

  1. As a college student, I find it very hard at times to know the proper times to use my cell phone. Between text and the internet, being able to put my phone away has been a challenge during lectures. I feel that we all need to break the bad habits of cell phone use before we enter the work force as professionals. Employers can set guidelines for their employees about their expectations when it comes to their cell phone use at work. By setting the guidelines, the employees know what is expected of them while they are at work and it will avoid any confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be good for the employer to tell the employees what is appropriate as well as what is not appropriate. The employer should be specific yet kind when telling the employees their guidelines and rules for cell phone use. I do not think it would be a good idea to bring a phone into an important meeting, if someone does bring it in, they should at least put it in their pocket and have it turned to silent. The majority of the time my phone is left on silent, unless I'm expecting an important phone call. I think it would be a good idea to use that same idea in the professional workforce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you saying that it's hard to see us without technology in our daily life. I think that all employers should start some typing of training program to inform them on proper technology etiquette. It would differ from company to company depending on what kind of product or service the company provides.

    ReplyDelete